Gary Hosack, owner of Crown Realty, and Kathy Minden, owner of Reece and Nichols Miami County, recently announced the merger of their two companies. Gary stated, “Kathy and I have always had a great working relationship and this merger will help to grow Crown Realty and will benefit not only our current customers and clients but also our future ones.” Hosack and Minden have both been active in the Paola community for over 40 years, and have a combined 71+ years of real estate experience!
Minden will be Crown’s new Director of Business Development. She is excited for her new role and explained that her “focus will be on listing and selling properties and building the Crown Realty name.” Gary and Kathy agree that the transition period will be smooth and speedy for all involved.
“The merger of the two companies will put all the top agents in the area under one name. I can only see it as a positive for all involved,” Kathy said.
Kathy was the President of Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® in 2014 and will stay involved on the Local, State, and National levels. Kathy’s involvement will put Crown Realty agents on the forefront of legislation that affects real estate and protecting the rights of home ownership.
“The Homecoming, A Christmas Story” presented by The Tallgrass Theater Company
The Homecoming A Christmas Story Written by Earl Hamner Jr. Adapted by : Christopher Sergel Directed by: Misti Robison Written by the creator of The Waltons..The family is facing a Christmas in the depression and the oldest Clay boy is sent out on Christmas eve to find his father who may have been injured in a bus accident.
December 5th & 6th at Schwartz Family Theatre Paola Community Center 905 E. Wea St. Paola KS.
Tickets: $7 Children 3-10 $9 Adults Tickets available at
Paola Community Center
901 E. Wea – Paola and
Citizens State Bank
3 Wea St. &
1600 Peoria in Paola
For more info
Christmas Open House at Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop-Farm, 1200 E Kansas City Rd, Olathe, KS
Saturday, December 6, 2014 – 10:00am to 4:00pm
Begin your holiday season with 1860s Living History activities & holiday music. FREE admission (suggested donation of $2/person ages 3 & up) Activities may include:
Heritage Center activities:
- Music by the Shady Grove String Band 10 am to 12 pm
- Make an ornament 10 am to 4 pm
- Santa arrives at 1 pm! Santa will be available until 3 pm
- Make a gingerbread house (for a small fee) 10 am to 4 pm
- Enjoy the beautifully decorated trees
- Visit the historic Mahaffie House, string popcorn & cranberries, see what is cooking on the cookstove
- Seasonal farm activities and blacksmith demonstrations
- Stagecoach rides (weather and ground conditions permitting) (stagecoach rides are $2/person ages 3 & up)
- Visit the exhibits and 1860s farm equipment in the Agricultural Heritage Livestock Barn
Gardner Historical Museum’s Christmas Homes Tour
Visit each decorated home and Museum
$10.00 per person
249 W. Main Street
154 W. Warren Street
212 W. Park Street
439 S. Center Street
185 W. Colleen Court
refreshments & gift bazaar at the museum
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOP NOVEMBER AGENTS!
Clover 5K Run – Paola, KS
Saturday, November 15, 2014 9:00 AM
401 E Wallace Park Dr
Join 4-H families and friends for the 2nd Annual “Clover Run” 5K. This scenic and fun 5K Run/Walk will take you through beautiful Wallace Park on the new Paola Pathways Trail! The Clover Run 5K benefits the youth of Miami County 4-H.
5K: $25 thru Sept. 30th, $30 Oct. 1st to Nov. 13th, $35 Nov. 14th & 15th
Kid’s Run: $5
Team Pricing (2-3 team members): $23/member thru Nov. 13th*
Team Pricing (4 or more team members): $21/member thru Nov. 13th*
*team registration not available after Nov. 13th
Shirt and size not guaranteed after Oct. 15th
Click Here to register!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOP OCTOBER AGENTS!
Halloween on Broadway
Show off your costumes and get candy from local businesses! A fun and safe way to trick or treat with your family!
- Saturday, October 25th 5-7pm
- Broadway St, Louisburg, KS
Harvest Festival & Chili Cook Off
Family Friendly “The Great Chili Contest” Fine Arts & Crafts, Food Booths,
Gift Ideas, Children’s Activities
Halloween Costume Contest Sponsored by “Miami County Newspapers”
Costume Contest Age Groups: (NB to 2 yrs. – 3 to 6 yrs. – 7 to 12 yrs.)
- Saturday, October 25th
- 9:00AM – 3:00PM
- Town Square, Paola, KS
- Free admission and Open to the Public!
TallGrass Theatre Company presents “The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow!”
This classic tale, based on the short story by Washington Irving, will thrill and delight families as the Halloween holiday approaches!
- October 17th and 18th @ 7:00PM
- Paola Community Center
- Tickets are $9.00/person
- For more info – http://www.thetallgrasstheatrecompany.com/
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOP SEPTEMBER AGENTS!
- Louisburg Cider Mill, 14730 Kansas 68, Louisburg, KS
- September 27-28 and October 4-5, 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- No Admission or Parking Fees!
- The Corn Maze / Pumpkin Patch area has an $8 admission, children 3 and under are free
- Activities begin with a pancake breakfast at 8:00 AM all four days, other activities such as pony rides, cider and donut-making and craft booths are ongoing throughout the day until 6:00 PM
- Live music on stage runs from noon – 5:00 PM
Wild West Days
- Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop-Farm, 1200 E Kansas City Rd, Olathe, KS
- Saturday, Sep 27 and Sunday, Sep 28 10:00AM – 4:00PM
- Mark your calendar to enjoy lots of hands-on activities and entertainment for the whole family!
- Acts may include The Whip Guy, Wicked Liars, Gunsmoke & Petticoats and more.
Wine and Dine to Benefit OMC Hospice House
- Somerset Ridge Vineyard-Winery, 29725 Somerset Rd, Paola, KS
- Saturday, Sep 27 from 6:00PM – 9:00 PM
- Please join your fellow Miami County citizens as we come together to support the only Hospice House on the Kansas side of the metro and the closest hospice home to Miami County citizens.
- Casual cocktail attire, outdoor & indoor event with auction
- Event registration at the door. Printed tickets will not be provided.