Louisburg City Wide Garage Sale
- Thursday, April 23rd – Saturday, April 25th
- Check out the Louisburg Herald for a garage sale map!
Paola Master Gardener Plant Sale
- Thursday, April 23rd noon to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, April 24th 8:00a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 25th 8:00 a.m. – noon
- 300 Baptiste Drive – West of Farmers Coop Paola, KS 66071
- Natives, butterfly, baskets, annuals, herbs and vegetables.
Proceeds go toward city beautification including the Miami County Courthouse Garden.
Paola Community Center Presents: Sarah, Plain and Tall
Friday, April 24th- 7-9PM
Saturday, April 25th- 2-4PM & 7-9PM
- Paola Community Center, 905 East Wea Street, Paola, KS 66071
- Admission: $9/person
- Please join Cornerstone Performing Arts in their production of “Sarah, Plain and Tall.” This time-honored, family- friendly play tells the story of Jacob Witting, a recently widowed Kansas farmer and father in the early 1900s. Unable to care for both his children and his farm, he places an ad in a newspaper looking for a wife. A Miss Sarah Wheaton of Maine replies. Of herself, she says, “I will come by train. I will wear a yellow bonnet. I am plain and tall.” This play tells the story of this new family as they form their first bonds and grow in love together.
Tour De Vino
- Saturday, April 25th
- Lake Miola, Paola, KS
- Welcome to the third annual Tour de Vino. Enjoy the acclaimed wineries of the Somerset Wine Trail by bike, each bringing a signature style to their hand-produced, artisan wines from grape varieties specially selected for each vineyard and for our region. And best of all, all proceeds will once again benefit Paola Pathways.
- Click Here for more info
Garden Tractor Show & Pull
- Saturday, April 25th from 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- Paola Industrial Park (169 Hwy. to Baptiste, West to Hospital Drive, North to Paola Paola Industrial Park)
- Time Information:
8:00 a.m. Event Begins
10:00 a.m. – Tractor Games
11:00 a.m. Womens Shoe & Skillet Throw
12:30 p.m. Parade of Power
1:30 p.m. Ford Model T Rides
1:30 p.m. Money in the Hay Scramble for Kids (12 and under)
2:00 p.m. Kids Peddle Tractor
3:00 – 9:00 p.m. Garden Tractor Pull (2 pm weigh in)
- Contact Information:
$3.00 (age 12 & older)
- Bring your own lawn chairs!
Valentine’s Dinner Theater
- Paola Community Center
905 E. Wea
Paola, KS 66071
- Saturday, February 14th
- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- “Death of a Doornail” Theatre Show
Dinner Theatre at Paola Community Center
Chicken Dinner provided by Spudley’s Restaurant
- $18 per person
ACT Ottawa Community Theater Presents: Almost Maine
- Showing February 12th-15th
- Thursday, Feb. 12, 2015 @ 7:00pm
Friday, Feb. 13, 2015 @ 7:00pm
Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015 @ 6:00pm dinner, 7:00pm curtain (Special Valentine Dinner Theater Production)
Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015 @ 2:00pm
- Ottawa Municipal Auditorium
301 South Hickory Street
Ottawa, KS 66067
- Tickets: $10/adult, $5/senior, $5/senior
Special Valentine’s Dinner Theater: $25/ticket. Reservations required. Includes dinner and show.
- Purchase Tickets online at www.actottawa.org or call 785-418-4770
Gary Hosack, owner of Crown Realty, and Kathy Minden, owner of Reece and Nichols Miami County, recently announced the merger of their two companies. Gary stated, “Kathy and I have always had a great working relationship and this merger will help to grow Crown Realty and will benefit not only our current customers and clients but also our future ones.” Hosack and Minden have both been active in the Paola community for over 40 years, and have a combined 71+ years of real estate experience!
Minden will be Crown’s new Director of Business Development. She is excited for her new role and explained that her “focus will be on listing and selling properties and building the Crown Realty name.” Gary and Kathy agree that the transition period will be smooth and speedy for all involved.
“The merger of the two companies will put all the top agents in the area under one name. I can only see it as a positive for all involved,” Kathy said.
Kathy was the President of Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® in 2014 and will stay involved on the Local, State, and National levels. Kathy’s involvement will put Crown Realty agents on the forefront of legislation that affects real estate and protecting the rights of home ownership.
“The Homecoming, A Christmas Story” presented by The Tallgrass Theater Company
The Homecoming A Christmas Story Written by Earl Hamner Jr. Adapted by : Christopher Sergel Directed by: Misti Robison Written by the creator of The Waltons..The family is facing a Christmas in the depression and the oldest Clay boy is sent out on Christmas eve to find his father who may have been injured in a bus accident.
December 5th & 6th at Schwartz Family Theatre Paola Community Center 905 E. Wea St. Paola KS.
Tickets: $7 Children 3-10 $9 Adults Tickets available at
Paola Community Center
901 E. Wea – Paola and
Citizens State Bank
3 Wea St. &
1600 Peoria in Paola
For more info
Christmas Open House at Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop-Farm, 1200 E Kansas City Rd, Olathe, KS
Saturday, December 6, 2014 – 10:00am to 4:00pm
Begin your holiday season with 1860s Living History activities & holiday music. FREE admission (suggested donation of $2/person ages 3 & up) Activities may include:
Heritage Center activities:
- Music by the Shady Grove String Band 10 am to 12 pm
- Make an ornament 10 am to 4 pm
- Santa arrives at 1 pm! Santa will be available until 3 pm
- Make a gingerbread house (for a small fee) 10 am to 4 pm
- Enjoy the beautifully decorated trees
- Visit the historic Mahaffie House, string popcorn & cranberries, see what is cooking on the cookstove
- Seasonal farm activities and blacksmith demonstrations
- Stagecoach rides (weather and ground conditions permitting) (stagecoach rides are $2/person ages 3 & up)
- Visit the exhibits and 1860s farm equipment in the Agricultural Heritage Livestock Barn
Gardner Historical Museum’s Christmas Homes Tour
Visit each decorated home and Museum
$10.00 per person
249 W. Main Street
154 W. Warren Street
212 W. Park Street
439 S. Center Street
185 W. Colleen Court
refreshments & gift bazaar at the museum
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOP NOVEMBER AGENTS!
Clover 5K Run – Paola, KS
Saturday, November 15, 2014 9:00 AM
401 E Wallace Park Dr
Join 4-H families and friends for the 2nd Annual “Clover Run” 5K. This scenic and fun 5K Run/Walk will take you through beautiful Wallace Park on the new Paola Pathways Trail! The Clover Run 5K benefits the youth of Miami County 4-H.
5K: $25 thru Sept. 30th, $30 Oct. 1st to Nov. 13th, $35 Nov. 14th & 15th
Kid’s Run: $5
Team Pricing (2-3 team members): $23/member thru Nov. 13th*
Team Pricing (4 or more team members): $21/member thru Nov. 13th*
*team registration not available after Nov. 13th
Shirt and size not guaranteed after Oct. 15th
Click Here to register!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOP OCTOBER AGENTS!