Please join us in supporting the U.S. Marine Corps’ Toys for Tots program by bringing your new, unwrapped toys to any of our 7 offices.
Our office hours & locations are listed below for your convenience.
Please note that while the official deadline is 12/9 for this year’s delivery, we will collect until December 23rd for next year’s delivery.
100 W. Crestview
(NE corner of 68 & 69 HWYs)
501 S. Main
2099 E. 151st
(151st & Mur-Len)
336 S. Main
7395 W. 151st
(151st & Metcalf)
102 S. Silver
(on the square)
22332 S. Harrison
(223rd & 169 HWY)
Clover 5K Run – Paola, KS
Saturday, November 15, 2014 9:00 AM
401 E Wallace Park Dr
Join 4-H families and friends for the 2nd Annual “Clover Run” 5K. This scenic and fun 5K Run/Walk will take you through beautiful Wallace Park on the new Paola Pathways Trail! The Clover Run 5K benefits the youth of Miami County 4-H.
5K: $25 thru Sept. 30th, $30 Oct. 1st to Nov. 13th, $35 Nov. 14th & 15th
Kid’s Run: $5
Team Pricing (2-3 team members): $23/member thru Nov. 13th*
Team Pricing (4 or more team members): $21/member thru Nov. 13th*
*team registration not available after Nov. 13th
Shirt and size not guaranteed after Oct. 15th
Click Here to register!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOP OCTOBER AGENTS!
Gardner Halloween Boo Bash
Thursday, October 30th from 6-8PM at Celebration Park Sports Complex
Enjoy some GHOULISH fun at our 18th Annual Halloween Boo Bash at Celebration Park! Join us for an evening of ghastly games, spooktacular activities, lots of candy, prizes, a hayrack ride along the park trails and much much more! This is sure to be one of the biggest and best parties of the year!
Little ghosts and goblins, come dressed in your scariest, spookiest, prettiest, and silliest costumes! Free pop and popcorn will be available while supplies last. Concessions will also be open for purchase of other goodies. Wristbands will be sold in advance at City Hall from October 13 – October 28 at 4:00 p.m. (Wristbands can be purchased at the park but we suggest buying them in advance so that you don’t have to wait in line.)
Volunteers are needed for this event. If you are interested in volunteering at the Halloween Boo Bash please contact Adraina Holopirek, Recreation Supervisor, at 913-856-0936.
Fee $3.00 wristbands for kids ages 2-12- for unlimited access to all the games and activities
Age 1 and under: Free
Purchase wristbands at City Hall, 120 E. Main St. October 14-29. (Sales will end at 4:00 p.m. on 10/29)
Wristbands can be purchased at Boo Bash, but we suggest purchasing in advance so you don’t have
to wait in line to pay at Celebration Park. (Cash only at the park.)
Age 12 and under
Fee: $3 Wristbands for kids 2-12- for unlimited access to games and activities. You can purchase wristbands at Boo Bash or at the City Hall before the event. We suggest purchasing wrist bands at City Hall so that you do not have to wait in line at the Boo Bash.
Halloween Costume Photo Contest 2014
Does your kid’s Halloween costume have what it takes to win? Send us a picture and find out! You may enter by taking a photo of your child in their costume and mailing it to Gardner Parks and Recreation or you can e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Costume categories will be Cutest, Creative/Homemade and Funniest. Please provide us with your child’s name, address and phone number. Entries will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on October 27th. Winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded at the Halloween Boo Bash; however you do not have to be present to win!
Trunk-or-Treat @ Grace Community Church 6:30-8:00pm 10/29
Spring Hill Spooktacular 10/30 6-8:00pm
Trunk or Treat – Spring Hill Rec.- performances by Madison Avenue Players!
Halloween on Broadway
Show off your costumes and get candy from local businesses! A fun and safe way to trick or treat with your family!
- Saturday, October 25th 5-7pm
- Broadway St, Louisburg, KS
Harvest Festival & Chili Cook Off
Family Friendly “The Great Chili Contest” Fine Arts & Crafts, Food Booths,
Gift Ideas, Children’s Activities
Halloween Costume Contest Sponsored by “Miami County Newspapers”
Costume Contest Age Groups: (NB to 2 yrs. – 3 to 6 yrs. – 7 to 12 yrs.)
- Saturday, October 25th
- 9:00AM – 3:00PM
- Town Square, Paola, KS
- Free admission and Open to the Public!
TallGrass Theatre Company presents “The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow!”
This classic tale, based on the short story by Washington Irving, will thrill and delight families as the Halloween holiday approaches!
- October 17th and 18th @ 7:00PM
- Paola Community Center
- Tickets are $9.00/person
- For more info – http://www.thetallgrasstheatrecompany.com/
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOP SEPTEMBER AGENTS!
- Louisburg Cider Mill, 14730 Kansas 68, Louisburg, KS
- September 27-28 and October 4-5, 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- No Admission or Parking Fees!
- The Corn Maze / Pumpkin Patch area has an $8 admission, children 3 and under are free
- Activities begin with a pancake breakfast at 8:00 AM all four days, other activities such as pony rides, cider and donut-making and craft booths are ongoing throughout the day until 6:00 PM
- Live music on stage runs from noon – 5:00 PM
Wild West Days
- Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop-Farm, 1200 E Kansas City Rd, Olathe, KS
- Saturday, Sep 27 and Sunday, Sep 28 10:00AM – 4:00PM
- Mark your calendar to enjoy lots of hands-on activities and entertainment for the whole family!
- Acts may include The Whip Guy, Wicked Liars, Gunsmoke & Petticoats and more.
Wine and Dine to Benefit OMC Hospice House
- Somerset Ridge Vineyard-Winery, 29725 Somerset Rd, Paola, KS
- Saturday, Sep 27 from 6:00PM – 9:00 PM
- Please join your fellow Miami County citizens as we come together to support the only Hospice House on the Kansas side of the metro and the closest hospice home to Miami County citizens.
- Casual cocktail attire, outdoor & indoor event with auction
- Event registration at the door. Printed tickets will not be provided.