84th Annual Plaza Art Fair
- Friday, September 25, 2015 – Sunday, September 27, 2015
- Country Club Plaza
- The Plaza Art Fair encompasses nine city blocks and welcomes a crowd of over 250,000. Featuring 240 artists, the Plaza Art Fair is atop-ranked, national art event with three live music stages and over 23 featured restaurant booths. After more than eight decades, it continues to be a weekend of people simply celebrating art and each other, as well as Kansas City’s unofficial welcome to the fall season.
- For more info click here!
Paola Harvest Festival
- Saturday, September 26th
- 9:00AM – 3:00PM
- Historic Town Square
Roots Festival in Paola!
- Friday, August 28th – Saturday, August 29th
- Historic Paola Square
Last year we had an estimated 6000 people of all ages attend the 2-day Festival held in the beautiful Paola Park Square. We are pleased to have provided a fun and entertaining event for our community. Just a sample of last years festival highlights include, a wide variety of live music featuring “The Maverick’s”, “Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band”, “Rod Piazza & the Mighty Flyers”, “Ben Miller Band” and “Trampled Under Foot”.
Other great festival attractions included ethnic dancers, arts & crafts, food vendors, a State Championship BBQ Cook-off and for our younger festival goers, great games, fun rides and a creative sidewalk chalk contest!
Price to get into the festival is $15 per person per day rain or shine! Kids 10 and under get in free.
Save Money and Avoid lines at the gate with an Advance 2-Day Pass available at all First Option Bank locations and at both Paola Citizens State Bank locations. On sale August 7th through August 28 — $25 person!!
Wellsville Car Show!
- Friday, August 28th
- Downtown Main St, Wellsville
- 4:00PM – 10:00PM
Bo’s Hog Wild Reunion
Edgerton Independence Day Celebration
- July 3rd – 6:30PM – 10:00PM
- Martin Creek Park
- Enjoy a free picnic, music, face painting, games and a fireworks display. Fireworks will start around 9:45pm.
Fourth of July Fireworks at the Great Mall of the Great Plains
- July 4th – 9:30PM – 10:30PM
- Great Olathe Center, LLC
20700 West 151st Street
Olathe, KS 66061
- The City of Olathe will host its annual fireworks show. The show begins at dusk, which is usually around 9:30 p.m. Spectators are encouraged to arrive early to find parking and set-up a viewing spot.
Star Spangled Spectacular Event
- July 4th – 4:00PM-11:00PM
- Corporate Woods
- Each year thousands of people attend the Star Spangled Spectacular at Corporate Woods in Overland Park, considered one of metropolitan area’s best Fourth of July program. it’s sponsored by Overland Park Rotary, Corporate Woods, and the City of Overland Park. Proceeds from on-site sales benefit local charities while offering a salute to our nation’s veterans.The 25-minute fireworks display, accompanied with music on commercial radio, offers:
- free parking;
- activities for the children;
- plenty of grass space for blankets and lawn chairs.
Bike Across Kansas
- June 6-13th
- Tour ends in Louisburg on June 13th -End of the Tour Celebration dinner in Louisburg. $10 per guest – (Dinner is included for registered participants). Ticket purchase deadline is June 10th.
- Click Here for more info
13th Annual Car Show
- Saturday, June 13th from 1:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Rain or Shine!
- Cars and Trucks ’79 and earlier
Ottawa City-Wide Garage Sale
- Saturday, May 9th – 10th
- Be on the lookout for all kinds of treasures in and around Ottawa!
MCCF 11th Annual Ride for Life M/C Ride and Auction
11th Annual Ride for Life M/C ride and auction. Proceeds benefit Miami County Cancer Foundation. Community helping Miami County residents and their families during their fight with cancer.
- Saturday, May 9, 2015 – Start sign up from 9:00AM to 11:00AM
- Darrell’s Last Resort – 807 S. Silver Paola, KS
- $15.00 rider and $5.00 passenger
- Biscuits and gravy available
Running With the Cows Half Marathon and 5K Run/Walk
- Saturday, May 9th
- Half Marathon starts at 7:30 AM
- 5K starts at 8:00 AM
- All races will begin at
Queen of the Holy Rosary School
22705 Metcalf Road Bucyrus, KS 66013
- Click Here for more information
Kids Fish For Fun Day
- Saturday, May 9th from 8:00AM – 12:00PM
- Lake Miola at the Lions Park area on the West side of the lake
- This event is for kids up to 14 years of age. You will learn fish identification and how to select proper baits as well as casting and safety while fishing. All registered participants will receive a fishing related gift for attending
Miami County Farm Tour
Miami County Spring Farm Tour- The dates are set! The 2015 Spring Miami County Farm Tour will be held Saturday May 9th: 9:00am-4:00pm and Sunday May 10th : 10:00am-4:00pm Join us for a free self-guided tour. You can visit as many tour stops as you like while traveling in the comfort of your own vehicle. For more Information and a Map- http://www.miamicountyks.org/484/Spring-Farm-Tour
Paola City Wide Garage Sale
- Wednesday, April 29th – Sunday, May 3rd
Cruise the Burg Car Show
- Sunday, May 3rd from 11AM – 3PM
- Broadway St in Downtown Louisburg, KS
The Louisburg All-Stars vs. the Harlem Wizards Game
- Sunday, May 3rd from 3PM-5PM
- Louisburg High School
- General Admission: $12 advance, $15 door (children 3 yrs. & younger are FREE), sold online here
Louisburg City Wide Garage Sale
- Thursday, April 23rd – Saturday, April 25th
- Check out the Louisburg Herald for a garage sale map!
Paola Master Gardener Plant Sale
- Thursday, April 23rd noon to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, April 24th 8:00a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 25th 8:00 a.m. – noon
- 300 Baptiste Drive – West of Farmers Coop Paola, KS 66071
- Natives, butterfly, baskets, annuals, herbs and vegetables.
Proceeds go toward city beautification including the Miami County Courthouse Garden.
Paola Community Center Presents: Sarah, Plain and Tall
Friday, April 24th- 7-9PM
Saturday, April 25th- 2-4PM & 7-9PM
- Paola Community Center, 905 East Wea Street, Paola, KS 66071
- Admission: $9/person
- Please join Cornerstone Performing Arts in their production of “Sarah, Plain and Tall.” This time-honored, family- friendly play tells the story of Jacob Witting, a recently widowed Kansas farmer and father in the early 1900s. Unable to care for both his children and his farm, he places an ad in a newspaper looking for a wife. A Miss Sarah Wheaton of Maine replies. Of herself, she says, “I will come by train. I will wear a yellow bonnet. I am plain and tall.” This play tells the story of this new family as they form their first bonds and grow in love together.
Tour De Vino
- Saturday, April 25th
- Lake Miola, Paola, KS
- Welcome to the third annual Tour de Vino. Enjoy the acclaimed wineries of the Somerset Wine Trail by bike, each bringing a signature style to their hand-produced, artisan wines from grape varieties specially selected for each vineyard and for our region. And best of all, all proceeds will once again benefit Paola Pathways.
- Click Here for more info
Garden Tractor Show & Pull
- Saturday, April 25th from 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- Paola Industrial Park (169 Hwy. to Baptiste, West to Hospital Drive, North to Paola Paola Industrial Park)
- Time Information:
8:00 a.m. Event Begins
10:00 a.m. – Tractor Games
11:00 a.m. Womens Shoe & Skillet Throw
12:30 p.m. Parade of Power
1:30 p.m. Ford Model T Rides
1:30 p.m. Money in the Hay Scramble for Kids (12 and under)
2:00 p.m. Kids Peddle Tractor
3:00 – 9:00 p.m. Garden Tractor Pull (2 pm weigh in)
- Contact Information:
$3.00 (age 12 & older)
- Bring your own lawn chairs!
Valentine’s Dinner Theater
- Paola Community Center
905 E. Wea
Paola, KS 66071
- Saturday, February 14th
- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- “Death of a Doornail” Theatre Show
Dinner Theatre at Paola Community Center
Chicken Dinner provided by Spudley’s Restaurant
- $18 per person
ACT Ottawa Community Theater Presents: Almost Maine
- Showing February 12th-15th
- Thursday, Feb. 12, 2015 @ 7:00pm
Friday, Feb. 13, 2015 @ 7:00pm
Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015 @ 6:00pm dinner, 7:00pm curtain (Special Valentine Dinner Theater Production)
Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015 @ 2:00pm
- Ottawa Municipal Auditorium
301 South Hickory Street
Ottawa, KS 66067
- Tickets: $10/adult, $5/senior, $5/senior
Special Valentine’s Dinner Theater: $25/ticket. Reservations required. Includes dinner and show.
- Purchase Tickets online at www.actottawa.org or call 785-418-4770