It’s an exciting time in the Spring Hill School District, and we wanted to take a moment to update you as a community partner.
- Kansas City Star Profiles the Spring Hill School District – Today, the Kansas City Star featured the district on the front page of its 913 Section and also as the cover story on its web site. The 8-page cover story focuses on providing personalized attention to students and retaining its small-town atmosphere, as the growing district continues to provide excellent educational and personal opportunities for students. Seehttp://joco913.com/news/small-
- Bond Program Update – Projects associated with the bond issue that passed in June 2011 are moving along nicely! The expansion of Prairie Creek Elementary School will be ready to open this fall — on time and under budget. The new Wolf Creek Elementary School is also underway and will be complete in the fall of 2013. This summer, two schools will be closed for installation of new energy-efficient heating and cooling systems. Educational technology options also are being explored and integrated into classrooms.
- Resources for Realtors – Don’t forget that there are great resources available to realtors and developers on the district web site at www.usd230.org/whyshschools.
- Key Dates – For dates and times of important events, please check the district’s calendar anytime for the most current information. It can be found at http://www.usd230.org/
calendar/. Note that beginning on June 4th, the district begins its summer hours, which include a four-day work schedule with all buildings being closed on Fridays.
- Facebook & Twitter – Be sure to follow us and encourage others to do the same to get the most updated news and announcements!
Thank you for your ongoing support,