For a limited time only, HWA is offering our
innovative Green Plus option for only $50
(regularly $75) between now and April 30, 2011.
Green Plus offers ENERGY STAR qualified replacement products on covered items. To learn more, click here. When you order, mention or enter Promotion Code “EarthDayGP50” to take advantage of this special offer!
WAYS TO DISPOSE YOUR OLD TECHNOLOGY
We all own electronics, and most of us can’t wait to get rid of our old technology to make room for the newest upgraded version. A pressing question in today’s society is, do you recycle your old equipment or just throw it in the garbage? The EPA reported that only 15% of e-waste is recycled in the US each year. Which means the other 85% is filling up our landfills with toxic materials and carcinogens. This Earth Day, Home Warranty of America urges you to review the below information as a guide to securely, responsibly and economically disposing obsolete technology.
Cell Phones,Computer Monitors,Keyboards, Batteries,Mouses,Video Camera, MP3 Player,
Video Game Consoles,Scanners, Webcams,Laptops.
For a more detailed list of what electronics can and cannot be recycled click here.
RULE OF THUMBLOCAL PROGRAMS
If your technology is:
< 3 years old consider selling
Between 3-5 years old, consider donating
>5 years recycling is the most realistic option
Finding a local donation and/or disposal program is a snap with great resources provided by the EPA. Click here to search for a program near you.
Below is a list of convenient corporate disposal programs.
LOOKING FOR MORE WAYS TO HONOR EARTH DAY?
Check out these simple ideas you can choose from to help you and your family go green:
1. Use Healthy Eco Friendly Cleaners2. Curb Paper Towel and Napkin Use
3. Replace Antibacterial Hand Soaps
4. Plastic— just say no!
5. Replace The Sponge!
Click here to read all HWA’s green kitchen tips…
Reducing, reusing, recycling and buying recycled products will conserve our natural resources, conserve energy, reduce pollution and save landfill space. Together, we can positively affect our planet, our families, neighbors, and our future generations.
Our planet thanks you for your care and support!